Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Beijing

I was in China for about 4 weeks in March. Here's a pictorial account of what happened. I was very impressed with the Chinese. They are hard-working, polite, enjoy eating good food with friends and are eager to meet new people.

The entrance to the office
En route to the office. The cabs have an automatic feminine voice that greets you with "welcome to take beijing taxi," which I can't get to stop playing in my mind!
Roast Duck is a Chiniese speciality so I made my way to a Roast Duck restaurant to see what the fuss was about.
The chef and the duckYou take the sliced duck, put plum sauce, sliced onions, and other condimens in a pancake-like wrap and gobble it down. I also had freshly squeezed pear juice with the meal
Foods that looked tasty, but which I knew not what they were
I regret to inform y'all that I did not try the Goose's intestines
Funny sign on the way to lunchSpicy Siachun foodOn the way to Tiananmen square
The square by night

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home