Monday, January 15, 2007

Last week

1) My car broke down on the way to work. The check battery light was illuminated the night before, but I drove 40 miles back home. The next day the lights started dimming, the speedometer went to 0, and I couldn't start the car once I pulled over. The alternator needed changing and so did the motor mount!

2) I had my wisdom teeth pulled-out. It went MUCH better than I expected, and I was fine 2 days after the procedure. I'm so happy that everything went fine, and that I have 4 less teeth to clean in the morning.

3) I got dinged at three schools, and waitlisted at two more. This event bugs me the most.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not that it isnt a BIT conservative (*cough*) but did you looke at Pepperdine? I have hopes that the business school would be a bit less politicized than the public policy branch, and hey, its LA and I could help you settle in and tell you where all the good restaurants are! ;) (Just get here in the next few months or I'll be in Seattle, haha.)

I've had my alternator die too. In a canyon. In the mountains. In winter. :D At least its an easy fix.

Glad you are recovered.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I restricted myself to only a small group of schools, beacause I didn't want to spend 6 figures and not like the program.

Thanks for your offer to help me get settled in LA. I did look at USC, but I don't think I'll put in an application.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home