Tuesday, September 26, 2006

We interrupt regular blogging…

I received a note from a former professor of mine whom I’d asked to review my essays for grad school. And I am realllly, really lucky to have him do so for me. He’s provided really constructive comments and forced me to connect the dots in my essays. The American system of (college and higher) education is truly, truly outstanding (largely due to the facultorate), and I just want to say how very thankful and grateful l am for having had the opportunity to study here as an undergraduate and I want to express my overwhelming gratitude and the enormous debt that I have to the wonderful professors and professional staff who’ve gone out of their way to help me (academically as well as otherwise).

Applying for admission to MBA School is full of ups-and-down. On some days, I feel as if admission is possible. And on other days I feel as if I’m certain to get rejected. I’m in the midst of editing my essays, and I feel that my essays just don’t “sound” like me. They don’t express my dreams, hopes, and desires as well as I’d like them to. I’m very scared that they read like just another business school application – adequate, but uninspiring.

But then "Oh that a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a Heaven for?" - Browning

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home