Friday, September 15, 2006

My dream job

MR links to what seems to be at first glance an oxymoron -- For-profit charities.

I've always been a fan of using for-profit management techniques to spur development and promoting public/private ventures. Now Google has set up a charity, google.org, and seeded it with $1 Billion.
While we continue to define the goals, priorities and approach for Google.org, we will focus on several areas including global poverty, energy and the environment.

I've worked with non-profits and corporations in both India & the USA, and I KNOW that I would love to have a career with a not-for-profit that made better use of business management techiniques. I'm a big fan of The Bill and Melissa Gates Foundation, and I can't help but feel that Google's entry into this field ups the ante on Microsoft. But I love the notion of attempting to solve the BIG problems of the world instead of squandering the dough on fancy cars etc.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home