Saturday, July 15, 2006

Accents.

I’m currently in Minneapolis and I do have to say that I LOVE the Minnesota accent. In fact, I tend to love all accents (especially when it’s a woman speaking). Go ahead, call me sexist, but a Southern USA accent on a man indicates mental slowness, but is just dynamite on a woman.

So here I am in Minnesota, feigning deafness and associated hearing impediments in order to make people (mostly women) repeat themselves. (Note to readers: I say this semi-facetiously).

But, I don’t think it’s only me who finds accents attractive; in fact, there’s a facebook.com group called “Accents make me Orgasm.” I haven’t reached that stage yet…

So why do I love accents? Is it the attractiveness of something different (and so exotic)? Is it because I'm bored and have nothing else to do (not quite true). What could be the reason for one to consider unfamiliar accents as attractive?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home